We use a lot of tools to build our iPhone apps, and these are my favorites. For most of these, we pay a monthly fee, and for those where we don’t, we would! If you are one of the developers that works on these apps, we thank you and so do our users.
- Crittercism– sends us anonymous crash reports from users, and tracks DAU and MAU – also has other features to communicate with users that we will soon integrate
- TestFlight– the only way to fly when it comes to managing test users – we beta test many apps with many groups of people, and TestFlight keeps it simple
- GitHub– The best hosted source control in the world. Every week it seems, they are coming out with new features that I actually use, while maintaining the site I know and love.
- UserVoice– absolutely the best way to solicit, sort, and act on user feedback. There are other similar services, but none
- Harvest– The easiest to use and most comprehensive time-tracking tool on the market. We end up doing custom apps for people based on our platform, and this is how we track and bill.
- Appirater– A dead simple, drop-in library for getting user reviews. Sure, we could make our own, but this has been doing the job for us since 2009.