In this first-ever Gaia GPS webinar, our Gaia GPS expert walks you through how to plan and build a multi-day backpacking route using the web map and tools on gaiagps.com. This in-depth 30-minute live webinar was an invite-only lesson that sold out within minutes and we’re excited to share it with you now. Always have a plan before you head into the backcountry with the best tools in trip planning.
How to Plan a Multi-Day Route Webinar
Learn how to use the Gaia GPS web map, drop waypoints, and create routes. Save all of your route planning in one shareable folder for offline use. You’ll also come away with a deep understanding of the web map tools, different route creation options, and where to find key details about your hike.
To help you find the most relevant pieces of the webinar, reference the time stamps below and skip ahead.
- 4:21 – webinar overview, find out what type of trip you’re planning
- 5:25 – how to use the web map and sidebar tools
- 12:12 – creating waypoints
- 14:40 – creating routes, linking multiple days on the trail
- 19:40 – using and editing snap-to trail function
- 23:24 – editing your route to go off-trail
- 25:55 – using different map layers to pick your off-trail route
- 34:04 – sharing your route with a friend
Before you head out, make sure you check out more tips for planning your trip, including how to choose your destination, what to pack, and the hazards you might encounter along the way. For more tutorials on using the Gaia GPS app, visit Visit youtube.com/gaiagps.
To access the entire Gaia GPS map collection and to download your maps for offline use and save your routes, get a Gaia GPS Membership or Premium Membership. You can save up to 40% when you purchase on gaiagps.com