Update: Apple expedited after all. Have fun at the Burn!
We have submitted iBurn 2011 (v2.01) to the App Store, to address a couple of bugs that people reported. Most importantly, iBurn is showing all events an hour late because we goofed on a time zone, and the app is not showing repeating events on subsequent days.
We’re very sorry for any confusion this may cause, and hopefully the app still has a lot of utility. It’s quite a challenge to navigate getting the app put together and approved in time for gates open, with the API in flux, data unavailable until the last minute, and Apple’s approval process on the back-end.
At this point, Apple is not going to expedite the review, and the update probably won’t be live until mid-next week. While they were nice enough to speed through the 2011 release, I guess we’re stuck with our bugs for a few days. If you are a Burner who works at Apple, please help.
Here is the complete change list for 2.01:
- multi-day events are now listed on each day
- event times should now be correct (they were off by an hour)
- added in camps ending in “W” that were accidentally omitted
- pin labels are now easier to read when overlaid on black parts of the map
- fixed the location of Pee Funnel camp
- added a shout out to BurnerMap.com
- made the Detail screen for Art/Camps/Events more compact
- added a disclaimer that the data might be inaccurate