We have now had multiple reports from users that their external GPS devices (such as the Dual XGPS150 and Bad Elf) fail to connect with apps under iOS6. This includes Gaia GPS and any other GPS apps.
If you are having this issue, please see this blog post by another app developer that outlines steps to fix the bug with external GPS devices under iOS6. Our users tell us this corrects the issue for them. Quote from the blog:
- Go to the main iPad Settings app.
- Tap on “Privacy”.
- Tap on “Location Services”.
- Toggle the top row to “Off”. This will turn off location services for all of your apps.
- Reboot your iPad (press-and-hold the top button for 5 seconds, slide the red slider to power off, wait 5 seconds, then press the top button to turn your iPad back on).
- Go back to Settings -> Privacy -> Location Services and turn location services to “On” for your iPad. Also make sure that location services are set to “On” for ForeFlight Mobile.
- Leave your iPad connected the Internet for a few hours (the screen can be off). This might not be necessary, but we have encountered a few rare cases where this fixed the problem.