We have submitted iBurn 2011 to Apple for review. While the API didn’t work out this year, we were able to scrape together the data and put up a map with the help of some friends. Anyone who still has the app from last year will get an update, and of course you can download it for free either way. This one works on iPhone/iPad/iPod – the jury is still out on the Android app, but we’re trying.
Here is a screenshot of the new map, which links to a Flickr photo set of more screenshots:
Here’s what’s new in the app this year:
- all new 2011 map and data
- map shows tappable pins for camps and art when zoomed in
- map highlights camps with current events with green pins
- sort camps and art by name, distance, or favorites
- sort events by time, name, or favorites
- tables provide alphabetical index scroll bar
- a “now” button to show current events
- data is completely bundled with the app, instead of caching at load
- Unlock, Credits, and About screens
Anna and I had to cancel our trip to the Burn this year, at the last minute, but we hope everyone else creates a spectacle!