As we go into Day 4 of our launch, Gaia GPS is now steady at 16th place in the navigation category, and selling pretty well.
The three of us who work on Gaia GPS have really been a happy bunch through this launch too. Besides the good sales, we have received nothing but glowing comments from users. You can read the reviews on the App Store, but I’d also like to share some quotes I have received via email and seen posted on user forums.
These quotes are all from people completely unaffiliated with Gaia GPS. While I cherry-picked the best quotes, we have received absolutely zero negative feedback. I’m a sucker for a “good job” from a stranger 🙂
Via Hacker News
- “Just purchased. Already like it better than MotionX.” – joeld42
- “the app looks great. as a hiker the topo maps excited me more than anything else. paper maps are expensive!” – aroon
- “This is fantastic work guys, thanks for doing this. It’s especially useful since Topozone.com became expensive.” – rrival
- “Glad someone did this RT @nick_b: Gaia GPS – new iPhone mapping app using Kalman filtering to enhance GPS results – http://bit.ly/1ML1oy“ – @mprioleau
- “iPhone is now a full-blown GPS: waypoints, tracking, topo&city maps, stats, earth info database http://www.gaiagps.com/” – @danger_ranger
- “Alright, suitably impressed with @trailbehind’s Gaia GPS app. Will give it a proper test run in a few minutes…” – @edythemighty
- “I may need an app created for me in the near future. Will you be available?” – odeusebrasileiro
- looks awesome, by the way! – MercurialMadnessMan
- “Thanks for the good work. It’s nice to see apps like made by people who have a feel for the actual use of the app, not just “hey, let’s make a gps app ’cause the iPhone has a gps chip…”” – Bill B. via email
- “Without waiting for your response, I downloaded the Gaia GPS app due to the positive responses. I’ve already figured out how to download maps…very intuitive” – James C.
- “I went to the link above, and from there to iTunes to look over the app. It looks so good I just had to go ahead and buy it myself.” – Bill G.