There is a nasty, but easy-to-fix, crash you might experience in the latest version of Gaia GPS. You can fix this crash via iTunes, simply by following the instructions below.
If you do not have any important data saved in Gaia GPS (tracks, waypoints, or downloaded maps) or don’t have access to iTunes on a computer, you can also fix this crash by deleting the app and reinstalling it from the App store. You will not be recharged during the reinstall.
Fix from iTunes
- Plug your device into iTunes
- Select the device in the menu on the left
- Select the Apps tab at the top
- Select Gaia GPS from the list of apps at the bottom
- Delete the file called “newSettings.txt” from Gaia (press the delete button on your keyboard) Then tap “Delete”.
After that, restarting the app should make it work fine. The only effect you will experience is your settings (metric/imperial, etc.) will need to be set again.
We apologize for the inconvenience. Gaia v6.3 was a big release, and this bug snuck in! We hope you otherwise like the improvements.